Introducing the Yoga for Balance Collection
You work out plenty. Now it's time to work IN.
Sports and workouts can cause imbalance, and the best way to optimize your athletic efforts is to consciously bring yourself back toward equilibrium—fill yourself back up. To do that effectively, you have to pay attention to what your body needs to restore equilibrium and be willing to respond. Accomplish this and you'll close the gap between where you are now, and where you want to be.
That’s why I’m excited to introduce The Yoga for Balance Collection, a new series of Jasyoga videos designed to help you mitigate some of the most common imbalances, restore your equilibrium and optimize your athletic efforts.
Incorporating Yoga for Balance into your training isn’t just about “doing yoga." It's about how you do it. I created this collection to truly optimize your training. Use these videos where they best fit into your training. Always listen to your body and adapt your practice based on how your body feels day to day. This is about the long game — making real, noticeable, and impactful improvement to your balance in sport and beyond.
- Make Balance Your Baseline Meditation — establish and sustain a baseline of balance so that you can more easefully manage whatever comes at you.
- Balancing Breath — set a tone of steadiness for the task ahead.
- Establish a Balanced Foundation — become more aware of how you’re standing and consciously correct your stance back toward center from the ground up.
- Stand and Balance — strengthen your balance in a series of static (still) single leg balances, ultimately adding more stability and power to all your movement.
- Standing Balance Flow — activate and strengthen your core and the muscles that stabilize your ankles, knees, and hips, adding more stability and power to all your movement.
- Side Body Balance Flow — get outside your usual range of motion and lean your way back into balance.
- Core Balance — activate and strengthen both your front and back packs while moving your arms and legs in opposition and mimicking functional movement and easing muscular imbalances as you go.
Subscribe to Jasyoga Video at video.jasyoga.com and share your journey to balance with #hitreset!