The Weekly Reset: Butt, meet the wall.
Meet your new best friend for taper time and recovery: the wall. This is the best restorative prop you've got because it takes the work out of post-workout stretching, which really comes in handy when you're tired and don't feel like stretching.
It doesn't get much easier than this to ease stiff hamstrings:
- Step a foot or two away from the wall, keeping your knees bent and feet about hip’s width apart.
- Fold forward and walk your hands down your legs.
- Lean your butt back into the wall — if it feels hard or like you can’t lean back, bring your feet a bit further away from the wall.
- Rest your hands on your shins or the floor.
- Drop your head and relax your neck.
- Stay for 10 deep breaths...
- BONUS: Keep your butt on the wall and cross your right leg over your left, without locking your knees. Hold for 5–10 breaths before switching sides.
So what are you waiting for? Get your booty on a wall and enjoy some #hammytime...
Learn more ways to use the wall for recovery with our new Quick Hamstring Refresh video.