The Weekly Reset: Booty Lock Mitigation
Booty lock. It’s pretty self-explanatory, right? If you never stretch your hips, you’re probably familiar with this super stiff, uncomfortable feeling in your hips and glutes. The remedy? Hit up some booty lock mitigation:
- Sit down and bend your knees, staggering the right leg in front of the left so that it makes a “pinwheel” shape, with a little bit of space between your right foot and your left knee.
- Keep both feet flexed.
- Sit up tall and turn your torso toward your right thigh, and lie down on top of it.
- When you think you’ve found your resting point, try to lengthen your spine even more, as if you’re pulling your ribs further away from your hips.
- Rest on your forearms or make a pillow for your forehead with stacked palms for fists.
- Hold for 10+ deep breaths before switching sides.
For more ideas for keeping your hips (and booty!) happy, check out our new Booty Lock Mitigation video…