The Weekly Reset: Baby Got Back
Whether you realize it or not, “core” includes your back. Unfortunately, while in hot pursuit of a six-pack, many people neglect to work the super important muscles that stabilize the spine and help to keep you upright.
This move is my fave for activating and strengthening the back core, because it forces your lower/middle/and upper back muscles to work as the integrated unit they are designed to be:
Back Core Isolation
- Come onto your forearms, bringing them parallel and shoulder’s width apart with your palms facing down.
- Lengthen your chest forward between your arms, as if you are trying to drag yourself forward.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Engage you core and focus on bringing your ribs together,
- as if you’re trying to “knit” your front ribs together.
- Holding that engagement, lift your belly another inch above the floor and hold.
- Release and repeat 10 times.
Baby got back! Keep working it with our new back core strength video…