The Weekly Reset: Walk it Out
If the word meditation makes you sweat, well, grab some deodorant and get on with it. You don't have to sit serenely cross-legged on a beach to clear the mental clutter and relax. In fact, you don't have to sit at all.
As 2015 comes to a close and you reflect on all that's happened this year, walk it out and let it go. It's true: you can walk and meditate simultaneously. It's a great way to literally move energy — to help release any lingering tension in your body and/or mind so that all your systems can function optimally heading into 2016…
- Lace up and head outside!
- Take a deep breath in… a slow breath out… continue to deepen your breath as you walk.
- As your breath becomes steadier, begin to reflect on the past year… Notice what’s calling your attention. Is your hamstring tight? Is your jaw clenched? Are you pissed off at someone? Scan your body, taking an internal “snapshot” of what’s coming up, and how it makes you feel.
- Continue to breathe deeply, feeling your breath and your movement begin to soften any physical tension, as well as your mental state.
- Choose to release all that you don’t want to carry into the New Year with you, imagining it shedding like a trail of stardust behind you…
- Continue walking and repeat as needed until you feel lighter and more spacious.
For more meditations to help you ease into your most balanced New Year yet, check out our meditation video library.