The Weekly Reset: Balance Your Booty
When it comes to forward motion, your butt is the Boss. Harness the full power of your push off and bring more balance to your booty by waking up your glutes pre-workout—in turn you'll experience a noticeable difference when you go to walk, run, cycle, or ski.
The best part: It only takes a minute...
- Stand with your feet hip width apart and parallel, evenly distributing your weight across your feet.
- Come into Chair pose—Bend your knees to come into a squat with your knees tracking over your ankles, and reach your arms overhead.
- Focus on engaging your glutes—especially glute max aka the lower portion of each cheek where your butt meets your hamstrings—rather than sticking your butt out behind you.
- Bring your torso nearly parallel to the floor and swing your arms along your sides with your palms facing down—keep your chest lifted and core engaged to maintain a long, neutral spine.
- Transfer more of your weight back toward your heels, aiming to engage your glutes even more.
- Return to Chair and flow back and continue to flow between these two variations, focusing on engaging your glutes throughout the entire movement.
- Breathe deeply and continue for 10+ reps, as if you're powering up for lift off!
Glutes get lazy. Keep them on point with our Glute Strength to Power Your Stride video...