The Weekly Reset: 5-Minute Hips
We know you guys are busy, so we’ll cut to the chase: When it comes to yoga, a little bit goes a long way to help you sustain balance. When you practice in a functional (practical) way, yoga supports you in achieving your goals, rather than working against them.
Sometimes it’s hard to know what to do though. That’s why this month we’re hooking you up with the #5minreset, a series of blogs and accompanying 5-minute videos that address some of the most common imbalances with quick, practical Resets (solutions) that you can hit up on the go.
First up, most athletes’ top gripe: the hips. If you’re feeling time-poor this fall, remember anything it better than nothing. Use this restorative gem to unstiffen your hips and bring ease to your low back…
Seated Figure 4
- Sit down with your feet flat in front of you.
- Put your hands down just behind you, fingers pointing back away from you.
- Lengthen your spine tall and lift your chest.
- Cross your right ankle over your left knee, keeping the foot flexed. If that feels tough, slide your left foot further away from you or lower onto your forearms.
- Glance down at your waist and make sure your hips are level; that means equal space between the bottom of your rib cage and your hips on both sides. If your waist is level and you're not feeling much in your hip, bring your torso and legs a bit closer together.
- Hold for 10 deep breaths before switching sides.
Five minutes is all you need to Reset your hips. Check out our new 5-Minute Hip Reset video and use #5minreset to let us know how it goes!