Build your (green) endurance...
In your sport and in your life, nutrient-dense foods help you to perform your best. What does that mean? It means you should hit up some green stuff — juice, that is.
“Juicing” means turning fresh produce — great sources of natural nutrients — into drinkable juice, which helps the body to better absorb all the good stuff. Just one glass of juice packs more of a nutrient-rich punch than eating all those same raw fruits and vegetables over the course of a day. There’s just no better way to get all that into your diet. Plus, you’re still digesting these foods in their raw state when you juice.
As an athlete, there’s loads of benefits to juicing:
- Quickly absorbable vitamins and minerals
- Helps to rebuild and repair your body on the cellular level
- Helps to restore your immune system
- Balances your body’s pH levels (juicing is alkalizing)
- Higher energy and overall feeling of well-being
One of our fave blends pre-workout is Green Endurance:
- 1 half English cucumber (vitamin C)
- 4 stocks celery (potassium)
- 2 large handfuls spinach (Vitamin A and K, folate, magnesium, and antioxidants)
- 1 grapefruit (vitamin C and A, and antioxidant lycopene, which helps to repair cell damage.)
- 2 Tbsp ginger (spice soothes sore muscles and helps fight cramps)
If you don’t already have one, a juicer is a great investment. A robust blender works just fine, too.
Jasyoga Coach Chloé Dee Dudley is a fitness specialist at Seattle University, and owns Nutritional Gangster, legit health coaching practice. To learn more about how to fuel your optimal performance, visit www.nutritionalgangster.com.