When it comes to your core, your backside is just as important as your front, and striking a balance between the two is what will help you to get the most power from your powerhouse.
This week, pre-game your workouts and/or cross-train with our fave pose for strengthening and balancing your back body musculature that spans your glutes all the way to your upper back.
- Come onto all fours with your shoulders over your wrists and your hips over your knees.
- Bring your spine to neutral and engage your core.
- Extend one leg behind you, flexing the foot so your toes point at the floor.
- Reach your opposite arm forward alongside your ear (opposite arm to the leg you’ve extended) with your thumb pointing up.
- Reach longer
- Inhale: lenthen even more by reaching back through the lifted heel and forward through the lifted hand.
- Exhale: engage your core even more.
- Hold for 5+ deep breaths before switching sides.
- BONUS: Alternate sides for 20 reps.
Keep working your back core with our Baby Got Back video…