As the miles increase, so does your injury risk. Luckily, a little conscious correction of all your pavement pounding will help to keep you running healthy…
Do the Pose of the Week every day (ideally post-run/workout), and do the videos whenever they best fit into your schedule this week.
Pose of the Week: Knuckle-to-Knuckle
As runner’s, we’re quick to acknowledge our stiff hips and hamstrings, while neglecting our equally as important feet and lower legs. This week’s pose is so easy, there’s no excuse not to do it daily. Kick off your kicks post-run or relax on your couch at the end of the day and show your hard-working feet some love…
- Sit comfortably.
- Wedge all your fingers in between the toes on you opposite foot.
- Try to get your finger knuckles against your toe knuckles so that your toes spread as wide as possible.
- Gently press your free thumb into the arch of your foot.
- Use your hand to circle the ball of the foot around, and move the toes around as much as you can.
- Continue for a minute or 2 before switching sides.
“Your body is an incredibly smart thing. Listen to it.” – Collier Lawrence